Tom Bilyeu is the co-founder of billion-dollar brand Quest Nutrition and the co-founder and host of Impact Theory. With the goal to help people unlock their potential, and actualize their dreams, Tom speaks to the greatest minds of today and spreads their knowledge throughout the world. Through his content and public speaking, he inspires his audience to become the best versions of themselves.
Here are 19 of Tom Bilyeu’s most inspiring quotes to give you a fresh perspective on life and business:
1. “You have to be willing to see things that are impossible and TRY.”
Even when science says something can’t be done, all it takes is some stubborn outlier to debunk the theory. If you want to make the impossible possible, all that’s required is a little effort and ingenuity. Just look at Dick Fosbury, an influential athlete that revolutionized high-jumping by inventing his own approach to the sport.
2. “Don’t let joy be an accident. Create it.”
This is such an important quote because if you look at the majority of successful people in the world, they’ll tell you to measure your life in happiness rather than money or accomplishments. Even Warren Buffett, one of the richest men in the world, says he measures success by how many people love him. So do what you love with the people you love and you can’t go wrong.
3. “What price are you willing to pay for greatness?”
It’s common knowledge that If you want an amazing body, you have to work out and eat right. Just like if you want that fancy new car, you need to work hard to pay for it. And without trying to sound like spiderman, greatness comes at a price. So if you’re spending time with people that aren’t contributing to your happiness or success, you’ll need to keep them at a distance.
It’s up to you to evaluate your life and see where you’re wasting your time and efforts, then take necessary action to get rid of those distractions. So what are you willing to sacrifice?
4. “Pick one thing. And go at it with everything you’ve got.”
What do Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, and Warren Buffett all have in common? They’re all a master of one particular craft. Oprah will always be an expert in self-help. Buffett, Investing. Gates, Computers. What do you want to be known for?
5. “You could do more. You could be more.”
Chances are no matter what business you’re in and hours you’re committing, you can probably think of an area where you could be doing more than what you currently are. Stay accountable.
6. “If you look for the negative, it will be there. If you look for the positive, it will overwhelm you.”
Like the old saying “where your attention goes, energy flows”, if you constantly look at what’s going wrong in your life without taking a step back to appreciate what’s going right, you’ll just want to hide in your bed all day. So what are three things right now that you could say thanks for?
7. “Don’t ask what’s the least you can do. Ask what’s the most you can bear.”
In an age where everything is being provided to us on a silver platter, it’s becoming increasingly harder to put in the extra mile for anything. However, there’s no getting around the old proverb “what you sow, so shall you reap.”
8. “It’s about identity. Be the kind of person that gets things done. Even when it’s hard.”
The way we see ourselves sets the stage for how others see us too. Joe Rogan loved the idea of pretending there’s an imaginary camera following you around documenting your life. Imagine how morbid you would be looking back on that video and not seeing the badass, get stuff done type, that you wanted to be.
9. “The level of effort you tolerate from yourself will define your life.”
Your successes in life will always be in direct proportion to your efforts.
10. “The way to build a big business is to take care of people.”
This applies not only to your customers but also to your employees. Solving problems has always been the key to great business.
11. “If you really want to cut through the noise, you’re going to have to outperform everyone else.”
In a nutshell: effort equals results. So are you prepared to wake up at 4 in the morning if you have to? How are you going to stand out amongst the competition?
12. “Make it your daily obsession to make the most of your potential.”
You might have heard that your habits make you who you are. And you’d be right to take that on board. As Will Durant once said, “We are what we repeatedly do, excellence, then, is not an act, it’s a habit”.
13. “Never be afraid to change course.”
As Einstein once said: “ Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result”. Simply put, if something is not working, change it up a little. Take a different approach to it. Any good entrepreneur has been through their share of trial and error.
14. “Failure is temporary. Move quickly past it. What lies beyond the failure is the lesson.”
What lies beyond the lesson is your next success.
15. “Decide who you want to become. Make that the center of your focus.”
As the renowned speaker and author Stephen Covey once wrote: “Start with the end in mind”. Once you get clear on an end goal (who it is you want to be) it becomes easier to focus on the direction to actualize it.
16. “Don’t worry about where to start. Remember, it’s the decisions you make, it’s the decision to get started, it’s the decision to face possible failure, it’s the decision to get up once you’ve failed and it’s the decision of what to learn when you fail.”
Being decisive is just another trait you’ll see consistently among successful people. Being able to decide on a course of action, follow-through, then make adjustments when needed is the true sign of a winning mindset.
17. “You’ve got to take risks to be a game-changer.”
As the old saying goes: “you’ll miss one hundred percent of the shots you don’t take”.
18. “Confidence is deciding you’re unstoppable – not that you’ll never fail.”
Failure really is the harbinger of success. So be sure to keep pressing forward when you fail because confidence comes naturally the more you learn from those experiences. As the great Dan Peña once said: “I may be wrong but I’ll never be uncertain”.
19. “The greatest mind control is control over your own mind.”
Whether it’s business, sport or dating, all your success starts in the mind. Your thoughts determine your actions, your actions determine your habits, your habits determine your success.
What is your favorite Tom Bilyeu quote? Share your thoughts below!
Read more: addicted2success.com